Entertainment, Job vacancy and News

Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Contributors

Saturday 17 December 2016

9 Essential Must-Have Tools For Natural Hair Management


SATIN CAP

Cotton soaks moisture out of hair and is more abrasive against hair fibres thereby increasing the likelihood of breakage.

A satin cap doesn't have any of these two problems; it provides the best overnight protection for hair.

PictureSpritz/Spray bottle
SPRITZ BOTTLES

I use a spray bottle daily to add moisture to my hair. I've used a misting spray bottle for the longest time but when your fingers are oily it's very hard to press down on the nozzle.

I just got a proper spray bottle and that work a lot better with oily fingers.


Picture
Misting spray bottle
PictureShower caps
SHOWER CAPS

A must have for locking heat in when you're conditioning your hair. I usually put one of these on, blow dry on top of it and put a scarf over the shower cap to trap the heat in during a deep condition.

PictureWide tooth comb set
SEAMLESS WIDE-TOOTH COMB

It's easier to get a wide-tooth comb through kinky, curly or coily hair without hair breakage.

Some naturals also like the "Denman" brush. I've had one for years but I stopped using it when I went natural; it still has relaxed hair fibres on it! When I'm less obsessed about breakage I might start using it again.

PictureMicrofiber towel.
MICROFIBER TOWEL

Microfiber towels are 7 to 8 times more absorbent than cotton or terry towels. With a microfiber towel wrapped around your head you won't have to rub your hair to soak the water out. You'll enjoy less frizz and less breakage from abrasion.

A second-best alternative is a cotton shirt not a towel. Again, don't rub it against the hair, just wrap it around and allow the water to soak into the shirt.

Picture
100% Cotton shirt

When You've Left The TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro) Stage You Also Need:

Picture
BOBBY PINS

You need these for most styles. Go for those with round ends so that they don't irritate your scalp.

One more thing to watch out for, when you slip these out you should hold them apart because if they are too close together they have a tendency to snag and break hair fibres.

Picture
HAIR SIDE-COMBS

This is the best side-comb for natural hair that I have ever found but it's so hard to find! The stems don't break when you slip the comb into hair like I have experienced with other combs.

This comb is beginning to look frayed because the top coat is coming off but other than that it's very much intact.

Picture
BUTTERFLY GRIPS/CLAMPS

I actually don't have these myself but I'm planning to get some as my hair is now officially medium length.

Hair clamps stop hair that you are not working on from getting in the way during your wash and condition session.


Picture




http://www.nenonatural.com/hair-blog/9-essential-must-have-tools-for-natural-hair-management
SOFT HAIR BANDS

When you want to slip your hair back. These are very convenient and comfy.
Picture




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...